.

Friday, June 29, 2012

18 Weeks (better late than never)

 ( Yeah I sucked this week...I am not in the picture! That's because we are in the car on our way to St. George. So I figured it was better I actually get this post up then not :). I promise to never miss another week from here on out. I am also 19 weeks while writing this ha ha...just one of those crazy weeks!)


How far along? 18w6d

Size of baby? He is the size of a Sweet Potato

Total weight gain/loss: Sorry, still don't know. When we go to our Doctor's appointment I will figure out how off my scale is at home. I am sure the second and third trimester I am going to want to keep track of the weight I put on :)
 
Maternity clothes? Yes, definitely maternity bottoms. I have noticed some shirts I try to wear look funny stretched over my bump, so I will need to venture out soon and buy some tops, but not the baggy tent ones...I like people to know I am pregnant, not look like I am huge and fat :) 

Pregnancy symptoms this week? Leg cramps (yep they're back), itchy skin, back aches, and some round ligament pains.
 
Stretch marks? No stretch marks for this momma.
 
Sleep:  Sleep has been horrible this week to say the least. I can't sleep because my hips hurt, so I toss and turn all night. It's a good thing I can take a nap during the day if I need to (which I have needed to).
 
Best moment this week: Having my belly grow BIGGER. I absolutely love having a belly :) and also ordering all of baby boy' nursery bedding.
 
Have you told family and friends: Yes we have. Surprisingly though there is still extended family finding out. We had a family event last Sunday and we were surprised to see there were still people that didn't know.
 
Miss Anything? This week...sleeping on my back or stomach. I would take either right now. My hips are killing me!
 
Movement:Nope! This is an emotional subject...I haven't officially broke down in tears yet over this, but every time I think about it I feel like I want to cry. All I have to say is it's a good thing that I have a fetal heart monitor because than I at least know my baby boy has a heartbeat and is definitely in there. I personally think he is making me wait because his momma needs to learn patience!
 
Food cravings:  I have been bad this week...pretty much ate a bowl of ice cream everyday. don't worry though, there was only two scoops in the bowl. That's what I call eating in moderation!  
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still just if I don't eat something as soon as I am hungry. When I start to feel sick, I know it's time to get more food! It's a nice system I've got going on :)
 
Have you started to show yet: yes, some people still don't think I am pregnant, but I can sure tell.  
 
Gender prediction:  Boy! 
 
Labor Signs: No, but honestly I wouldn't know what these are anyway. It makes me so nervous that I really want to look into labor classes soon.

Belly button in or out? In 
 
Wedding rings on or off? On
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and Moody this week. With having the summer off work, I have been a little bored some days. There is only so many times you can clean the house. I find myself getting moody if I have been cooped up all day. Many people have said to enjoy this because it will never be this way again. But I do look forward to next summer, I will have a babe to take places with me, like swimming, the zoo, the park, etc.  
 
Looking forward to:Our doctor's appointment tomorrow! And leaving town for a little family vacation.

Not loving: Hip pain, but it's all for a good cause :)

No comments:

Post a Comment