.

Monday, July 2, 2012

St. George Family Trip 2012

This past weekend we went to St. George for our annual Huston Tuachan Theater family trip. We have done this tradition for the past three years.

John and I drove down early Friday morning. We stopped a lot on the way because well...things are a little bit different when you're pregnant. In every major town I had to go to the bathroom and stretch my legs, and eat. Driving makes me so tired! I didn't want to fall asleep because I felt bad that John would be up by himself. So, I was put in charge of the Ipod music and that kept me up :) When we arrived in St. George it was 106 degrees...so this meant we were going swimming as soon as we checked into our hotel. The rest of the family was already there, so we met them down at the pool. It sure felt nice to soak up the sun with my water noodle in tow. (with sunscreen of course)!

While swimming we got some interesting news from my mom...their neighborhood was on fire again (remember this happened two years ago) Yeah...it brought back many horrific memories, but this fire was closer and her dogs were in the house. Since there wasn't much I could do because I was four hours away, I tried to stay calm with my mom on the phone. She was finally able to go up and get the dogs, but literally had 30 seconds to do it. My dad was with her thank goodness. Long story short...the firemen are amazing and stopped multiple houses from burning ( we went and saw the fire lines). Everyone was okay and luckily, only four houses and many little structures were lost. Lets hope this isn't going to happen every two years...it's way too much stress on the family :)

After swimming we all got ready and headed to Olive Garden for dinner before Aladdin. Dinner was great, the show was great, and it was HOT! There were times in the show where I thought I was going to pass out! The funny thing was we all brought jackets just in case it got chilly...apparently we didn't know it would still be 95 degrees when the show got over. We usually go on this trip at the beginning of June and believe me...it makes a HUGE difference in the temperature. 

Saturday consisted of breakfast, shopping at the outlets, lunch, and more swimming. Ahh...the swimming was definitely my favorite part :) We didn't have much planned for Saturday night, so we decided to drive to Mesquite. The girls went and saw "People Like Us" and the boys went and had their own fun :) The movie was great! I would highly recommend it. There is some language, but what movie doesn't have that anymore?! If you're anything like myself, sis-in-law, and mom-in-law, you might even cry.

Sunday, John and I got up, went to breakfast, and began our journey home. I, again was put in charge of the music and John was in charge of getting us home, safely. We stopped a lot ( for bathroom breaks), but finally made it to my parents to pick up our cute dog and head home. I crashed when we got home! I was soo tired and it's always nice to be back in your own bed :) 

It was another successful St. George trip, and we look forward to seeing what we will come up with next year. We will probably be switching up the family tradition and heading to a different destination. It will be a little difficult to go to Tuachan Theater with a little baby boy in tow, and possibly a little baby for Brandon and Jessica too, so we shall see...maybe we will head to Jackson Hole and Yellow Stone :) 

I didn't take hardly any pictures...but here are a couple




No comments:

Post a Comment