.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

19 Weeks


How far along? 19w5d

Size of baby? He is the size of a Mango

Total weight gain/loss: +1 from my pre-pregnancy weight of 122. Current weight 123
 
Maternity clothes? Yup! and lots of skirts and dresses

Pregnancy symptoms this week? Leg cramps, hip pain, and my feet did swell up while we were in St. George this last weekend.
 
Stretch marks? Not yet...I have been getting better about putting lotion on lately. I don't want stretch marks, so hopefully I won't get them. 
 
Sleep:  I'm not sleeping too well. Some nights are better than others, but my problem seems to be my hips. Since I am not supposed to sleep on my back or stomach, my hips get the brunt of it all. I am pretty sore when I wake up in the morning.
 
Best moment this week: Getting to see our baby boy at my 19 weeks appointment! It had been four weeks since we had seen him. I made the doctor double check he was still a boy. Baby boy is healthy and measuring just right :) I love my doctors office. They do an ultrasound at every appointment, and ever since my 14 week appointment, they will do a 4D ultrasound every time we go in. We got to see our baby boy 4D and he kept putting waving his hands at us and putting them up by his face. I love him so much already. 
  
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my belly or back, but honestly I have a sweet baby boy growing inside of me and that makes me not miss anything. I am finally getting the chance to be a mommy. 
 
Movement: I finally have felt little things here and there! When I went to my Doctors Appointment last Thursday, the doctor asked if I had been feeling him kicking. I laughed and said...well I heard it feels a lot like gas bubbles. So either I am feeling my baby or I have gas. When he pulled him up on the screen, little baby boy was in their squirming around, tossing, and turning, but I still couldn't really feel a thing. The doctor said I probably won't for a couple of weeks because my placenta is right on the front of my belly. As far as the bubbles go...it's most likely baby moving and I have felt a few nudges here and there. :) I also had some friends tell me that the movement can feel like I floppy fish, and I can totally understand what they were saying because at times this past week I have felt a feeling just like that.
 
Food cravings:  No real cravings this week, I just LOVE food. FINALLY!!! I never thought the day would come when I could eat whatever I wanted again, but I have been and it's the best!   
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: The Heat...some days I wonder how I will make it through July and August...looks like I will be visiting the pool more often.
 
Have you started to show yet: YES! Finally I look pregnant :) and I love it!  
 
Gender prediction:  Boy! 
 
Labor Signs: No

Belly button in or out? In and most of the time it's like i don't have one. My skin is being stretched on both sides of the poor thing, so sometimes it closes off. It's not a pretty thing.  
 
Wedding rings on or off? On
 
Mood? So happy and feeling so blessed! Believe it or not there have still been days that I forget we are having a baby. I think it is something I will probably experience until I am holding him in my arms for the first time. Having a baby seemed so far out of reach a couple of months ago, and now I am finally getting the opportunity to be a mom. There are no words for how wonderful it feels :)
 
Looking forward to: The Fourth of July holiday. I love fireworks and I love being around family. I am also looking forward to my half-way point on THURSDAY!! 20 weeks baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment