.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Our 35 Week Adventure

Things just got real...

Last weekend started out just perfect with a fun date night with Steve and Kayla Shields. We decided to head to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. It was packed of course! My pregnant feet stood for an hour waiting to be seated. The workers felt pretty bad after making my big belly body wait, so they gave us the "star treatment". We got a nice comfy booth, a free appetizer, and the best service we have ever received. It was pretty nice I am not going to lie. After dinner we headed home and did was we do best...catch up! Steve and Kayla brought our little boy a gift and can I just say these two are awesome. Days before, Steve had asked John if there was anything we still needed...there's nothing we really need for the arrival of our baby, but there is always things we want :) They really thought out of the box! Steve's mom made me a hospital gown made out of the cutest black, white, and gray damask fabric. That way I can feel a little more pretty while in labor. I have seen these gowns, but was too cheap to by myself one. I am so glad these two thought about me :) They also gave us a gift card to go on a date after Baby Camden comes. Aren't they awesome?!

Saturday started out much different. I got up, didn't really feel well, but decided I had errands to run. While John did homework I went and got the things done I needed to and then we decided to head to Salt Lake. We wanted to check out a new store called "Sheels" that had recently opened and grab some lunch. All day long I really just wasn't feeling like myself. I felt like every where I walked I had to hold my belly up. I was cramping and my body was aching! We decided to head home and take it easy the rest of the night.

Who would have thought at midnight we would be heading to Labor and Delivery at Ogden Regional! I started to have contractions after waking up from a nap and they got worse as the night went on. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were 1-2 minutes apart. The nurses monitored me for three hours. I was given two shots to help stop contractions. The first one didn't seem to help, so they gave me the second one and I started having a reaction to it. My pulse rate shot up to 137 and all of the sudden the machine started to alarm. Next thing I knew I was getting an oxygen mask thrown on my face! SCARY!I could not get air and my heart was raising. I was freaking out because Camden's heart rate shot up and basically I had not pictured having my baby like this. I wasn't ready and I was worried that if he didn't stay put for a couple more weeks that he would have to stay in the hospital. Once the nurses got everything under control my contractions stopped. We finally got to go home at four in the morning. I was told to stay down and take it easy.

At 35w4d I am dilated to a two and baby Camden is dropping. They would like me to keep him in there for another two weeks, or at least until 37 weeks when I will be considered full-term. Dr. Bierer was out of town while all this fun stuff took place, so I will see him tomorrow for a follow-up and also for my 36 week appointment. My last day at work was supposed to be November 2nd, but since our little scare, I didn't go back. Keeping baby Camden in is more important right now.

I feel like I still have some many things to take care of before he gets here, but I need to take it easy and relax. So, I'll take advantage of this I guess... :) and get all the rest I can until Baby Camden comes. Hopefully Dr. Bierer can give me some words of encouragement when we see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment