.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I love to spend money on...

Car stuff...NOT! Today while at work one of my co-workers told me my tire was flat...and sure enough when I went to take a look at it, it was flat to the ground. Me being the mechanical type (not) decided to grab a ball pump from inside the school (not a manual one, don't worry) and get my tire pumped up at least enough to drive on it. While doing this I discovered there was a massive nail stuck in my tire. When I got to the tire place A.K.A Discount Tire, they proceeded to tell me that my tires all needed to be replaced...can you imagine the excitement on my face when I found out that I was going to have to spend an upwards of $500 on dumb car tires...I mean don't get me wrong, I know a car needs them to run, but I just replaced these dumb things two years ago! So, after throwing a fit like a little 12 year old about how my old tires have a warranty on them and I was not going to pay full price for four new tires, I walked out of there getting 50% off. Though I am not excited about the fact I have to spend money on "car stuff", I definitely needed new ones (they looked like they were going to fall apart) and I feel much safer now :)

You know what else I absolutely love spending money on??? Medical stuff! (can you sense the sarcasm) So, though my insurance is fabulous and most things are covered, infertility isn't one of them. At Reproductive care center everything is out of pocket for us...blood work, ultrasounds, EVERYTHING! There is one test I have to get done next week and I found out that it is going to cost us $700! FOR ONE TEST! Believe me I would do anything to get a baby here, but this is beyond frustrating! Why...because if we have to end up doing IVF, it's money that could have gone towards that. What's even more frustrating is the fact that I have to do this test to move on with the process, it's not like I can choose to do it or not if I want to move to the next step.

On a good note...one of our test results came back today and everything was normal. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment