.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Car Accident

Yesterday I got in an accident. Yes, while pregnant! It was the scariest thing of my life. I was driving about 35, minding my own business, when a lady who didn't look both ways pulled out of a parking lot and I nailed her. Luckily I had time to slam on my break and slow down ( a little bit) otherwise the airbag would have come out.

There were many horrific thoughts that went through my head after the hit took place (which was her fault BTW). I was so scared for my baby. Plus hello! I am pregnant...my hormones are already everywhere...so of course I thought the worst.

When the police showed up they made me get in my back seat so they could put my car in neutral. They didn't want the airbag to all of the sudden fly in my face. The ambulance came, they checked my vitals and I decided to have John drive me to the hospital instead of them. ( I was in the car alone when this happened) Luckily we were right by a hospital so into the ER I went to get checked.

They checked my vitals again and did an ultrasound. By this time I was much more settled down, just wanted to make sure the baby was okay. At least I got an "unexpected" ultrasound. Baby was fine, I on the other hand, have been sore for days. It seems to be getting better, but man the impact from a car accident can sure make you hurt.

Things could have been much worse...so I am feeling blessed that they weren't! Accidents are a scary things...so people...LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE PULLING OUT IN TRAFFIC :)

Thanks!

Love, Randi and Baby 

P.S.- Tonight we find out if BABY is a boy or a girl :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment