.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

13 Weeks!

Hello Second Trimester!!! It feels so good to say that...for many reasons, but mostly because I NEVER thought I would get here :) The first trimester was rough, not the entire time, but from about six- nine weeks I couldn't keep a single thing down because of the nausea. Most people (and websites) say that your energy and nausea should subside by 12 weeks, but I am going to be one of the "lucky one's" that gets to keep it around just a little bit longer :) 

For week 13 I have felt good for the most part, but I still feel pretty nauseous and the energy isn't really all there yet, but I am hangin' in there. It is most definitely not as intense as a couple of weeks ago. 

I honest can't say I have been craving anything in particular. Food sometimes still doesn't seem good, but if I had to say I am craving something it would probably have to be Mexican Food. I am also loving fruit...especially oranges and peaches. 

I haven't put on much weight. At my last appointment (12w6d) I hadn't even gained a whole pound from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am sure that will change in the next couple of weeks. Some days I have a little belly (if you can call it that ha ha) and some days I don't. I really can't wait until I start showing :) 
(Picture to come soon)

John and I are extremely excited to find out what we are having on May 30th! That's only ten days away and I can hardly stand it. Let's hope Baby Huston will cooperate with us :) which I most certainly think it will. I am ready to start shopping and getting things ready for this baby to come. I am excited to have the whole summer off work to get things done.

Everyday I feel so blessed! Last night John and I went and saw "What to Expect When You're Expecting". It was a great show with lots of humor, but also lots of tears. There is part in the movie where one of the girls experiences a miscarriage. Both John and I were crying because it brought back a lot of feelings. Even if you haven't experienced one of those yourself, you could understand the emotion involved in it. (don't tell John and I said he cried) When I walked out of that theater, I felt so grateful that I am still carrying this healthy baby. Miscarriages are really tough. There are things I learned from going through that experience that I will never forget. Sometimes we don't really understand why we have to go through these sorts of hardships and trials, but once you make it through it, I feel that things will be greater appreciated. That was really hard for me to understand, but I knew the day would come when I would be able to stand on my two feet again and be able to experience the blessings that our Heavenly Father has promised us.

Here's to another great week!!!


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you blogged! This is Kelsie (alter) Farmer! I am SO happy for you! Amy keeps us updated on your little baby, and I cannot wait till you get to be a mommy. :) Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to find out what your having.

    ReplyDelete