.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Friends, Fall, Football, and the Flu

Oh it feels like Fall and I love it! We had a pretty slow start to our week (last week). I've been busy making things for Camden's birthday. I am totally stressing about his birthday pictures coming up this next month, so I decided to make a diaper cover and a birthday hat. It was actually pretty easy and turned our pretty cute. I can't wait to put it to use in his pictures. Plus, it was a lot cheaper than buying it on Etsy :)

We had cooler weather move in on Tuesday and seriously I could have spent the entire evening outside. We took a walk over to the park by our home, in Camden's favorite ride. He loved it and we admired the hill at the park that I am sure we will be sledding down this winter. It did end up getting a little chilly at night, so we headed home to get in our comfy's.

 

We also celebrated a "Happy 10 months" for Camden this past week. He's growing up...fast, but he is so fun and we love all the new things he is doing.


We also had a play date with Will, my friend Kelli's little boy. She'll be heading back to Ohio at the end of this week, so it was so great to get to see her. We of course talked a lot and the boys played. Will and Camden were so cute together! The talked babbled with each other, shared their toys, and also enjoyed a little picnic full of string cheese, gold fish crackers, and Cheerios. Does it get any better than that?! I get heart broken when she leaves. She'll be back in December though and then Will and Camden can be reunited :) 

Will gave Camden a big, hug goodbye and Camden...well he stuck his tongue out for a kiss! We have been teaching to give hugs and kisses, but really...John must have taught him to kiss like that! HA! Definitely wasn't me :)


Thursday night was spent at the temple with my other half :) It was our ward temple night. We did sealings and vowed we would never go as long as we did without going to the temple again. I don't even want to admit when the last time was that I had gone.  Bad Randi. Bad.
 
 
Friday we went for a gelato run and some swing time for the little guy at Soda Row. Once again the weather the fabulous! 
 

I picked up some of these from the Grocery Store because really who can resist them?! They are totally a Fall comfort food for me.
 

 Saturday our little family and my parents went to a nephews football game. Baby Jacee was there, but I was feeling under the weather and Camden had a runny nose, so we kept our distance. My SIL ended up having her mom take her home because the wind was crazy. We didn't want to keep this little angel out in it. Isn't she just to die for?!
 

 It was also the BYU/UTAH rivalry game Saturday night, so here we are showing our teams support. Even though my SIL and cheer for different teams we still love each other. 


 Kobe played a great game and even scored a touch down for Syracuse. GOOD JOB KOBE! He looks like he got pretty beat up here, but he's alive I promise.
 

Utah ended up winning Saturday night. Camden was out like a light with his dad on the couch. Little did we know that this night would be a no sleep night. Camden was sick, I was sick...like way sick. Way to ring in Fall time huh?! 

Minus the fact that Camden didn't feel well, this picture is adorable and I was totally jealous that all he wanted to do was cuddle and sleep with his dad.


So, you know the saying "Sunday Funday"? Yeah...not the case for our Sunday. We headed to insta-care to get Camden and I checked out. I walked away with a diagnoses of Adult Croup! WHAT? Does this even exist? I think they just told me something, prescribed me some drugs, and wanted me to go home. I, on the other hand did my research and it stems from strains of the flu...I think i'm the first one in Utah to get it! JOY! 

Camden has a cold and an ear infection. When we got home from the doctor, Camden and I were ordered to go to bed and so that's exactly what we did. John started to feel sick...GREAT! So he too took advantage of my drugs and well...we are all starting to slowly feel better. 


I hope this next week we can enjoy the nice Fall weather WITHOUT ANY SICKNESSES! Have a great week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment