.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Resolutions for 2015- #1

This week marked a new year...2015! Whoa that sure happened fast. So, naturally with a new year come resolutions. This could possibly be the year of many resolutions, but instead of overwhelming myself, I decided to think of a few (5) resolutions to focus on.

1. Journaling, or in my case, BLOGGING. Each Sunday I want to document the week. Not just the big things, but the little day to day things We do with Harper and Camden. I know it will be so much fun to look back at these moments one day. 

2. Date my husband more. When I had children, I became a mom and well...have somewhat forgot how to be a wife. John I have promised each other that we will go a date twice a month where we will not discuss Children or Finances, we will simply get to know each other better. 

3. Go to the gym twice a week and do one aerobic class a week...so work out THREE TIMES A WEEK. This is a BIG one. I need to do this for myself. for my health. and for my family. 

4. Eat out ONLY once a week. We've struggled in this area...and we know it. Our only exception will be when it's a holiday week. Like birthday's and such. 

5. Enjoy the SIMPLE things. Enjoy the moment and simply. The famous saying has really rang true to me lately... "The days are long, but the years are short." It's no surprise that my babies are growing up. The last thing I want to do is waste away the moments with them. 


This past week was full of lots of family time and also a couple of play dates! Our week started off with a play date at the Lundberg's. Kelli was in town and we never miss a chance to see her and her cute family. It was low key. The Lundberg's have a huge basement and play room, so Camden was in heaven. The even had a slide that Camden and Will entertained themselves on most of the time. Lydia and Harper also enjoyed themselves while Kelli and I chatted about life. We chatted so much that no pictures were taken...next time though.

(Sitting up on her own)

My mom turned 53 years old on New Years Eve. The kids and I hung out at home until it was time to head downtown and eat at Brio to celebrate. The Horton's joined us and the food did not disappoint. We even had the same waiter that we had a year ago. With three kids you can imagine how crazy it got! We weren't really into partying much this year, so after dinner we stopped by the Huston's for a quick visit and then went home to put the kids to bed. The holiday's are exhausting! Once the kids were asleep, John and I relaxed on the couch and I fell asleep before midnight...I hate to admit this definitely isn't the first time this has happened. I was bummed when I realized I had missed the Taylor Swift performance on Time Square. 

Since John had New Years Day off we took the kids to G and G Huston's and headed to see a movie. We saw The Night at the Museum 3. It was a great show and a great day date with John. The Kids were exhausted again...we had done so much running that we stayed home the rest of the evening. 


Friday was another fun play date for the kids and I. We headed to Dana's house to play with Nash and Lola. Camden was again in heaven with all the new toys. We enjoyed some snacks and chatted. Dana and Mandee's cute mom gave Harper two adorable hats that she makes. She has wore them every day since!





We ended the night with take out from Cafe Rio and a trip to Ikea. My favorite store...not so much John's :) But we all survived. Here is Camden practicing closing his eye's for the Prayer at Dinner. This kid has a HUGE personality. I am so glad I am able to catch a glimpse of it on camera...he is constantly on the go. 


Saturday we had a neighbor boys birthday party and my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Brent's 50th Wedding Anniversary. They started dating in just 5th grade and are now celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Only 44 more years John and we'll get to celebrate that too! ;) I use to say when I was growing up that I wanted to be just like my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Brent. I found my love in 7th grade...so I'd say that's pretty close. 

They had a photo booth set up with a Polaroid camera. My family decided to snap a few shots with Grandpa Robert's. He'll be 92 in just a few short weeks. Did I also mention for hilarious John looks in this picture...one of the reasons I love him so much. He makes me laugh!


Here is to another week and making it the best it can be. 

1 comment:

  1. We would probably be best friends in real life ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete