.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week #2

Our week started out with a little bit of dress up time for the miss Harper. I'm not sure why, but getting ready sure makes for a better day. 


Harper is getting her half year pictures done this next week, so I purchased some stuff online. This bow being a real winner! We are such a fan of this berry purple color right now. I can't wait to see how her cute pictures turn out. 


This week we've started to have a little bit of problems with Camden's nap time. He recently started to learn how to open and close doors...so much he is obsessed with it and will go around the house and close all the door, to turn around and re-open all of them. Camden has been really good at staying in his bed when he is told, but this week he got daring and figured out just how much freedom he has. He came running out of his room and asked if he could watch Peter Pan. After many "Thank you mama's" I gave in and had myself a little Camden cuddle time on the couch. Harper was taking nap, so Camden and I got to spend all that time just the two of us. I like when I am able to get one on one time with my kiddies. I am able to give them their own undivided attention and I love it!


He even talked me in to giving him an otter pop A.KA.- pure sugar water! I was a real push over this day...


The next day was pretty low key. The weather has been really nice...like 45! Which is pretty good for January in Utah. While Harper took a nap Camden and I ventured outside.  He got a little Monsters Inc. Four wheeler for Christmas that I brought out for him to play with. The thing about Camden is when he has something on his mind, or a certain way he likes to do things, there is no changing it. The four wheeler would not work well on the grass, so I moved it to the sidewalk and he threw a major tantrum...MAJOR! So we headed back inside for a break. Once the kids had both taken a nap we went back out for round two, which was more successful the second time around. We took a walk around the block and Charlie joined us. While I am loving this weather for January, it also makes for some not so healthy air we are breathing. 


Happy Harper after her nap.


We played with her toys in her room while Camden finished his nap.


That night we decided it was time to hit the indoor pool. Harper loved it and Camden is getting better. It takes him a little time to warm up. I wasn't able to get any pictures of our pool adventure, but we are trying to go every week, so hopefully next time. 

Saturday we decided to go to the Home Show and take the kids. At first I thought this was a crazy idea, but both kids did great and we got home just in time for a nap. 


Then it was time to drop the kids off at John's parents so we could head out for our date!


We went downtown to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, but of course the wait was 40 minutes, so we went to Brio instead, which never disappoints. John said he didn't mind because he likes their food better. I don't know how long it's been since we have sat down to eat in a nice restaurant, just the two of us. It was nice! 

After dinner we headed over the legacy theater at Temple Square to see "Meet the Mormons". We wanted to see this when it was in theaters, but never made it, so it was great to get to see it for free. It was a great date night. We of course missed our kids, but we know they are in good hands, so that makes it easier to leave them for a few hours. I really enjoy the time John and I get just the two of us. And the Grandma and Grandpa's love the time they get with their grand kids. 

Today was low key. We attended out first sacrament with our new ward and it went really well. Our ward is MUCH smaller and i think that will be nice to get to know everyone better. We only had sacrament and then headed home for lunch, Sunday naps, and dinner before we headed to the Huston's to visit. 

Here's to another great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment