.

Monday, February 24, 2014

23 and 24 weeks!

Here I am at 23 Weeks...life got busy (or I may have just been lazy) and I didn't do any journaling for this week, so I'll cover it in week 24.



So...here we are 24 Weeks and 5 Days. Baby girl is getting so big. Things are getting a tad bit uncomfortable. And the nursery decorating is in full swing. This pregnancy has gone by so fast, but do I really have almost 15 weeks yet? I just don't think she is going to stay put that long...we shall see though. 

I am not sure how much weight I have put on in the last two weeks. I think it's pretty normal to put on one pound a week now. So if I had to guess I would say 132. I have another doctor's appointment this week (with a new Doctor thank goodness) So i'll know how much I have gained then. I am also hoping to get another ultrasound to see see how big baby girl is measuring. I am definitely wearing maternity clothes. I really should probably go out and buy a few items, but I am hoping spring will come soon and I can live in my maxi skirts and dresses. 

I don't have any stretch marks yet and hope to not get any at all. My stomach does feel like it has reached it's maximum stretching ability, but like with Camden I continued to grow and I continued to stretch. My belly bottom is flattening,  but is still managing to poke out just a little bit. 

My sleep has been good for the most part these past two weeks, but last night was miserable. I have been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions and they kept me up way too late last night. I questioned myself a million times if I should head to Labor and Delivery because they were very close and more intense then I thought they should be. I remember dealing with the same thing with Camden at 26 weeks. These two are going to be more alike than I think ;) Other symptoms have included leg cramps, acne (UGH!), and shortness of breath. 

We've been super busy these past couple of weeks with baby girls nursery. Some things have gone really easy like painting the Jenny Lind crib we found for a steal. Other things have not gone so great like painting this antique dresser that has been in my family for years. We've done about 20 layers of paint on it and even after sanding it the stain is still soaking through the paint. As this point I am done working on and will get back to it when my patience returns :) I can't wait to have the nursery done. it's definitely been a highlight of these last two week to see it all come together (slowly)

I have had so much movement all the time with this little wiggle worm. And like I have said in previous weeks, she is pretty good at responding if I haven't felt her for a while and give her a little nudge. John was also able to feel her this past week. He found it much cooler this time around. It didn't freak him out too much!

Food cravings have been coming on stronger these past two weeks. I have wanted scones (from Chuck-A-Rama), smoothies which we have made almost everyday, cookies of all kinds, PB&J sandwiches, and chicken salad sandwiches. The list really could go on. I also had steak twice, which was weird because that has made me feel sick in previous weeks, but sounded so delicious this past week. I have had a tad bit of heartburn this. Salsa and Cafe Rio are making me a little queasy. Hopefully it won't last too long. I need my spicy foods back. 

There are so many things I am looking forward to right now...finishing the nursery, spring weather, and most importantly our appointment on Thursday. I am excited to go to a new doctor and also to get an update on our baby girl. 

P.S.- Still no name decided :/

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read your blog in a long time and realized I totally needed to! You look so cute! You're so much better at taking regular pictures during pregnancy than I am! It's fun to read about your pregnancy, I can relate to a lot of the same things right now. It's so fun to be having our little girls so close together :).

    ReplyDelete