.

Monday, March 10, 2014

25 & 26 Weeks

Okay I am not going to lie...I have forgotten a few times just how far along I am. This would have never happened with Camden because, really it was all I had to think about. Now, my mind (and body) are running around a million miles an hour, so I do tend to forget just how far along I am in this pregnancy. I also lacked in another week of pregnancy updates, and that might just be the norm from here on out. I am exhausted and when Camden is down for a nap, so is mom. And when Camden goes to bed at night...well I am about there too.

So...Here I am at 25 Weeks


And here I am at 26 weeks and 5 Days ( almost 27)


A lot has happened in the past two weeks. John and I got to go to my first appointment with my new doctor and can I just say switching to her was one of the best decisions I have ever made. She remembered me from five years ago the minute she walked in the door. She made us feel comfortable and reassured me that she is there to provide us with the best care. I go back tomorrow for my glucose test, blood work, and another visit with her. Lets hope I pass :) Her nurse also called me after receiving all my paperwork and ultrasounds and told me that our baby girl looks healthy and not be alarmed that my previous doctor thought I might have gestational diabetes because her abdominal circumference was measuring larger. Both my new doctor and the nurse looked over her measurements and said everything looks great. So pretty much I have been a big ball of worry for the past month for nothing!

I got weighed at my last appointment and was surprised to only see the scale say 131.6. I guess I thought I had put on a lot more weight than that. I am on track to gain as much weight as I did with Camden. Hey, I'll take it :) I'll also be very happy if it comes off as fast as it did with Camden. I luckily don't have any stretch marks, but my goodness my tummy feels like it is huge! My belly button is still somewhat sticking out and flattening all at the same time. 

My sleep has been...bad. That's the honest truth. I no longer sleep even two hours at a time. It seems that I am up every couple of hours and I toss and turn all night. I also can't sleep due to the fact I can not breathe at night. Baby girls head in stuck right up under my rib and it is making it hard to get air at night. Other symptoms include braxton hicks, crazy emotions, back pain, and exhaustion.

This little girl can wiggle...a lot. She is constantly moving! Some of her movements have become painful and I can definitely tell she is running out of room in there. I am hoping by our next ultrasound that she'll turn her little body because my bladder has become a trampoline for her gymnastic routines. I do love feeling her move so much though because it is always a good reminder that everything is okay and that she is in there. I don't know when babies start to get hiccups, but I swear I have felt a lot of those too.  

Food cravings...I want sugar! How bad is that!? I crave everything like cookies, ice cream, graham cracker crumbles on strawberries with wipe cream, cereal, Coke, and the list goes on. Everything in moderation right?! I am happy to report that I haven't had an heartburn. That probably means we will have another bald baby :) 

I am so grateful that we have made it another week. This pregnancy really is amazing to me and I am still amazed at how fast it has gone. It is so hard for me to believe that this little girl came on her own without the help of doctors. It reassures me more and more everyday that she is suppose to be a part of our little family at this time and that this is when Heavenly Father wanted her to come to this earth. We feel very blessed to be her parents and bring her into our crazy (but fun) life. I just know her and Camden will be the best of friends even if it does take Camden a little bit of time to warm up. I am sooo nervous to be a mommy to a 18 months old and a newborn, but I know with some time we will all adjust. 


Here's to another week, and my fruit punch glucose test!


1 comment:

  1. You make me smile. ..she sounds a lot like how you were inside my belly...

    ReplyDelete