.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

22 Weeks

Today I am 22w5d. I had an appointment this last week. It went good...for the most part. I got an ultrasound since at my last appointment baby girl would show her face or tummy and they need to be able to check those things off the anatomy scan. The ultrasound tech said everything looked great and that baby girl was.measuring about 1.3lbs. But we know how accurate that can be :)

The not so good part came next when I met with the doctor and was told baby girls measurements were all over the place...which I of course took badly and let my pregnancy hormones get in the way. My feelings were very hurt. The doctor asked if I had gestational diabetes with Camden because our little girls abdomen circumference is measuring farther ahead than the rest of her measurements. I obviously didn't have it with Camden...I just think I'm going to have bigger babies. After all Camden was 8lb4oz. I tried not to read too far into it and am really trying not to pay much attention to this doctors bedside manner and the way he addressed the situation . I haven't been pleased with this doctor very much since my very first appointment. So, I made the decision this week to switch doctors. I just could not see myself giving birth to baby girl and this man being in charge of it. I probably should have switched sooner, but I feel ten times better about the doctor we will go meet on the 27th. 

I put on four pounds in the last month, so I am currently weighing in at 130. I have currently put on a total of 6lbs over my prepregnancy weight. My stomach is still measuring about a centimeter behind, which i still don't understand how that even makes a difference.

Not many symptoms this week, just leg cramps and a few Braxton hicks here and there. Oh and I guess I forgot about the horrible migraine I did experience this week. 

My sleep has been pretty good :) I have been waking up at about four in the morning and can't fall back to sleep, but I do feel like I am sleeping a lot better with this pregnancy than last time. 

I have been craving pb&j's this week like crazy. I think I have managed to have one everyday. Other than that I just want to eat all.the.time. I'm surprised I have not put on a crazy amountof weight yet. 

I can't believe that we only have four more months until we meet little miss. There are so many things I am looking forward to, but mostly I can't wait to see Camden love on his little sister. He has been so much more attentive when little babies are around or when we see one. I'm sure he'll lay a big wet one on her when he meets her. I know they'll be the best of friends! And that makes my heart want to burst. 

 Here's to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment