.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

16 Weeks!

I am 16w3d today. It's so surreal to me that in less than four weeks I'll be half way through my pregnancy! I'm still totally surprised we are having a girl. I've gone crazy buying clothes, coming up with nursery idea's, thinking of names, and just totally smitten that Camden get a to be a big brother to a baby sister. We have a lot to do to get ready, but are so excited to get started! 

According to my 15 week appointment, I weighed in at 122. I honestly can't remember where I was last, but I've lost weight. Doc says should start gaining now when I start to feel better. This pregnancy will be just like Camden's...I'll gain most of my weight in the 3rd trimester. 
 
Pregnancy clothes have been tricky. I don't fit in maternity pants yet, they fall of my body and I am constantly pulling them up all day, so I have resulted to wearing normal jeans and doing the rubber band trick. I also have been wearing a ton of leggings and jeggings, especially when we are just hanging out at home. My belly is starting to grow though (which I love), so I am sure I'll be fitting into those maternity pants in no time. I have noticed this time around that from the front my bump sticks out a little more and is kind of like a little ball. I think the things you hear about carrying baby girls and baby boys is true.
 
Some symptoms I have had lately is hip pain, mostly at night. It can get very painful and I really don't know how I am suppose to sleep because obviously I can't sleep on my tummy or back. I am also still sick some mornings (another sign this is a girl). With Camden my sickness was gone by 13 weeks. With this pregnancy I still find myself not wanting certain things to eat and some morning I have still be throwing up. My exhaustion hasn't been too bad and I seem to be getting some energy back. My acne is still there, but not as bad as it was. Besides my hip pain I haven't really had much growing pains this time around.

Sleep has been a hit and miss really. I toss and turn all night long due to the pressure on my hips. I can't find my pregnancy pillow from the last time around. When we moved it disappeared. So, I have resorted to shoving pillows and blankets all around me and under my hips. Some nights are better than others. We also need a bigger bed. I think a king will be on my wish like ASAP. Once all my pillows and blankets are in bed, there really isn't room for John and Charlie.
 
 There have been so many great things going on lately. We feel so blessed to be having a baby girl and to already have a baby boy. We had such a great Christmas and found it hard to believe that we will be blessed with two beautiful children next year to share the joy with.

 I think I have felt some movement in the last week or so, but honestly it's hard to tell. I can't distinguish between stomach air bubbles and baby. I can't wait to feel an actual kick so I know it's her moving around in there.  
 
Our next appointment is on January 15th and with how fast this pregnancy has been going, I am sure it'll be here before we know it. It's the big appointment, the one with the anatomy scan. I can't wait to see baby girl and of course to see 10 fingers and 10 toes :)  
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment