.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

6 Weeks


I find it so weird how our bodies work. I am six weeks today and I tell ya...I was sick the second I stepped out of bed this morning. I was wishing it was Saturday and John could get up with Camden and I could go back to bed.  I have been so beyond exhausted this past week. I sleep when Camden sleeps. My house work has been neglected,  but OH WELL! right now I need the energy to chase around my wee one and take care of myself. John has been great to jump right in to help and the grandparents have already offered to help out. 

I am still currently weighing 125. I have been pretty bloated and have had to unbutton my pants a few times after I eat. I don't like anything tight on my tummy. I've been nauseated pretty much all day. Mornings have been so hard! I've had hunger spells in the middle of the night and have popped out the saltines to help with my sickness. 

Sleeping and exhaustion have been crazy this time around. I nap when Camden naps and I heard the exhaustion can be worse the second time around because you don't get to rest and sleep whenever you want. I'm pooped to say the least!

The best moment this past week was surviving Camden's one year pictures and our family pictures. With being so tired I was so worried I'd forget something or something would go wrong, but it went great! And was such a relief considering I haven't had all the energy in the world. I'm glad my morning (all day) sickness decided to hold off until family pics were done. 

Compared to last week I miss a lot right now, but mostly my energy and my patience...oh my patience is lacking. I am tired and irritable. This too shall pass :) right? If my energy doesn't come back, at least let my patience! 

I am also missing my appetite, but this is a part of pregnancy for me and I know once I get through being sick, I'll be able to eat whatever I want again. I just don't feel like eating anything. I would actually rather eat sweets and fruits this time around. Last time I wanted Mexican and spicy.  The sight of sweets would make me throw up. We had Cafe Rio this week and lets just say I won't be eating that again for a long time!
I've been feeling a whole lot of emotions this week. I feel guilty that Camden has some what been mom less because I'm not feeling well. I am scared to have two kids. I am excited to give Camden a sibling.  I feel blessed that we were able to conceive on our own...like I said...all types of emotions.
I am looking forward to so many things,  but I am most looking forward to our first appointment on October 30th. Only 10 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment