.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

37 Weeks! Full-term!


 I cannot believe I am full-term... and at the same time I can definitely believe it. We are so ready for this baby boy to come. I went to my 37 week appointment this week not expecting too much progression. I didn't have many contractions this week...it was pretty uneventful in the "Labor Signs" category. John and I even ventured out last Saturday to try and get things moving. We walked around the entire City Creek and I honestly felt great! Camden definitely teased us with his scare at 35 weeks. 

Dr. Bierer said I am still dilated to a 2, but I am 50% effaced now so there actually has been some progression! Camden is now weighing 7lbs...yep already 7lbs! There is just no way I can go till his due date. He'll be a big boy if that's the case. When Dr. Bierer checked me, he was trying to "get things to move" and OH MY GOSH it hurt so bad, but hopefully by next week we will be about there...if I don't find a way to go on my own by then :)

At this point in my pregnancy I have put on 21 lbs. over my pre-pregnany weight of 122. So I am weighing in at a whopping 143 and lets hope it stops there! I don't have any stretch marks yet thank goodness! My maternity bottoms are starting to not fit anymore and tops...well basically I am having a hard time finding anything that fits over this belly of mine. This weekend, John and I are supposed to go to dinner at the Little America. We are supposed to dress up and I have no idea what I will be able to squeeze over this body of mine. I would be happy living in sweats until Camden decides to come out :)
   
This week I have experienced some intense pelvic pain and cramping. Doc says this is my cervix thinning out. I have had a few headaches and some Braxton Hicks contractions...but not the real ones. I am pretty uncomfortable! I don't really sleep that well because every time I have to roll over I have to re-situate my pillows and blankets to be tucked just right :) Thank goodness I can sleep in! 
First thing I am probably going to do when this little boy comes out is sleep on my back and my belly. I definitely miss it!
 
  Camden's been moving a ton this week! It hurts a lot though because there just isn't room in there anymore. My bladder feels like it's going to fall out and my ribs are being kicked all the time. I still look like I am doing belly rolls anytime he moves. I love being able to feel him move and a lot of people say I will miss it a lot.
 
 I have been more hungry this week then usual. I notice though I have to eat smaller meals...there just isn't any room. My tummy has dropped more, if that's even possible at this point. I feel like if I sit Indian style that I have a basketball sitting in my lap. It's getting hard to get around now days. My belly button is no longer an inny...it's graduated to an outy for the past couple of weeks. I do feel lucky I haven't had any swelling or retaining water this pregnancy. I can still wear my wedding ring :) 


I am really hoping for some labor signs as this week progresses. We are feeling so anxious to get this baby here. John asks me every night he comes home from work if I think he'll come that night...if I only knew John...if I only knew. We know he will come when he is ready, but we want him to know that we are ready for him and can't wait to meet him. We have waited a long time for him :)
 
My next appointment is on November 8th...we'll see if I make until then. If I had to make a bet on it, I am sure Camden will still be inside enjoying himself :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment