.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

38 weeks!!!


38 weeks and still going strong!I honestly didn't know if I would make it to this week after my last appointment, but Camden has other plans for us. He is still inside...and I am pretty sure we are both extremely uncomfortable! Dr. Bierer said he is weighing around 7 lbs. still. I am just glad I will hopefully not be giving birth to a baby over 8 lbs. I am just not sure my body could handle that :) 

At my appointment this week I wasn't expecting any sort of progression because my contractions had completely stopped. I would run errands, walk everywhere, and still not feel a thing. Much to my surprise I am now dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced! After being checked, Dr Bierer asked if I would like to chose a day after my 39th week to be induced! Oh I have never been so happy to here those words in my life! A while back he told John and I that if my cervix looked good close to my due date than we could discuss an induction date.

 Since everything is looking great right now (and I seriously don't know how I haven't had this child yet) we set an induction date for NOVEMBER 18th!!!
So if Baby Camden decides to not come on his own...that will be the day! How exciting is that?!
I am still putting on weight believe it or not! I am now 22 lbs. over my pre-pregnancy weight of 122, so I am weighing in at 144! OH MY GOSH! I am hoping that at least half of this will come off after I give birth. My mom was always so lucky to lose a ton of weight even before she left the hospital...so I guess I am being hopeful that I will be the same way. 

With the Christmas season coming upon us, I have started to put together my list of items I need (or want). I just want clothes! My maternity clothes are not fitting anymore...and I am pretty uncomfortable in them most days. When I am at home, it's sweats for me! I am looking forward to clothes fitting a little better than they are right now :) 

I have been pretty lucky to not get any stretch marks with this pregnancy. Once again....thanks mom :) I have heard these are hereditary, so since she never got them I am hoping that I will stay clear of them as well. My belly button is most definitely poking out. I really wonder what it's going to look like once Camden isn't in there anymore...

I have been experiencing a lot of fatigue this week, and at times a lot of energy to clean my entire house. I have had a ton of pressure in my pelvic area and I still feel like my bladder is going to fall out.  I have been experiencing menstrual cramps and have also had some nausea, but not as much as weeks past. My sleep has been...horrible! I can't get comfortable at night for anything. I am waking up every hour...I'm ready to have this baby :)

Baby Camden has been moving like crazy lately. I still think he is trying to do flips and turns in there, but he has ran out of room. I've had a limb hanging out in my right rib cage lately too and he loves to kick right there. OUCH!

 I haven't craved anything in particular this week, but I have been so hungry. It must be the last minutes pounds Camden and I are putting on.  
  
Words can not explain how excited, nervous, and anxious I am to meet our baby boy. It is so exciting to know that I only have eight more days at the most until we get to see him for the first time. Like I said...no words! There are so many things we are looking forward to, but most importantly we are finally getting to start our little family. Camden has no idea just how happy he is going to make his mom and dad :) 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about the weight! I am sure you will not have a hard time losing it. Before I left the hospital I had already lost about 16 lbs. Then from nursing the weight literally melted off.

    ReplyDelete