.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

39 Weeks!

I can't believe this will be my last post before my baby boy is here! I had my final pre-natal appointment before Camden comes this week and everything looked great. I hadn't progressed anymore since 38 weeks. I am currently still dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. Camden did however put on more weight. They are guessing he will weigh about 7.5 lbs. 

I got weighed for my last and final time before Camden makes his debut. I didn't put on any weight from last week, so for this pregnancy I put on 22 lbs. over my pre-pregnancy weight of 122. I am weighing in at 144! The questions is...how fast will this weight come off?! We shall see...

I am looking forward to wearing some normal clothes again. I realize I will probably still be wearing my maternity bottoms for a bit, but I am okay with that. At least they won't fit as snug as they do right now.
   
As delivery day is drawing closer and closer I am becoming more and more emotional. I find myself tearing up thinking about meeting this little boy. It seems so surreal that it is so close for John and I. For sometime this all seemed so out of reach! 

I haven't been getting much sleep lately. In fact I am up every thirty minutes it feels like. I get the best sleep between four and eight in the morning. I am pretty much running on very little sleep. I know I won't get much sleep with a brand new babe, but at least the little bit of shut eye I get will be more comfortable. Camden has been moving like crazy at night lately. My ribs and back have never hurt so bad. I think he is really uncomfortable too.
 

I have managed to not get any stretch marks! Oh how happy that makes me! It's amazing how much your skin can actually stretch. I didn't think when I started showing that my skin would be able to stretch this much.
  
I haven't been eating as much this week. I have been more nauseous lately, which is a sign that labor is near.  There just isn't room for food anymore and I have been getting indigestion and heartburn anytime I eat. My body has been aching more than ever this week. I can barely walk without feeling like I am going to pass out and my pelvic area feels as if it's going to break. I am so grateful my doctor isn't making me go another week...He pretty much rocks! 

This week John will be up at the St. Regis hotel in Park City for a "work thing". I get to join him and relax in the awesome hotel room for a couple of days. I am going to soak this all in, after all life will change a lot come Sunday. 

There are so many different emotions John and I are feeling as delivery day draws near, but most of all we are very excited to meet our baby boy. We have tried to be as prepared as we can be for all the different emotions we will feel, but many have said it's unlike any love you have ever felt. 
 
We can't wait to me you, Camden. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a terrible blogger and never leave comments, but I have followed your blog for a long time now and am so excited for you. I hope no posts from you means your sweet baby Camden has arrived! My thoughts are with you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete