.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pregnant!

Still can't seem to gather my thoughts from the post before...but I'll take a shot at it :) Last Thursday (March 15th) I got up in the morning mad and upset at the world because I just knew that my period was on her way. I could feel it...I decided to roll out of bed and head to work. All day long I waited for it to come. I literally ran to the bathroom every 30 minutes. Much to my surprise by lunch time nothing had come yet. So I decided to run to the store during my break and buy a pregnancy test. I tested....and saw a WAY faint line. Like, so faint I didn't even feel like I could get even the slightest bit excited because I didn't want to be let down again. Later that day I decided to go buy another pregnancy test and take it in a couple of hours. Well, I ended walking out of the store with seriously six pregnancy tests...all different brands. Every test I took began to have darker lines

**side note- even though I could see something I still couldn't believe it**

We were out of town Thursday night, so first thing Friday morning I gave RCC a call to see if they would allow me to do a blood test later that day when we got home. At this point I needed a definite yes or no! Even though my dear Sister-in-law said I was pregnant...John and I just couldn't believe it. After some long, excruciating hours we finally got a call that I WAS PREGNANT! My fourth IUI and my third round of Clomid finally did the trick! I really have no words to explain the feelings I felt...for one whole year I have waited for this day. Nobody thought that after a miscarriage it would take that long to conceive again. Month after month would pass, I would hope and pray to be pregnant, but it never came for us. So for it to finally come was a surreal moment for us.

This past year had been a tough one. We had gone through a TON of medical stuff, and shed a lot of tears. But honestly at this VERY moment I realized that all of that was worth it to get to this point. I feel a sense of accomplishment...that I was able to make it through one of my toughest trials I feel I will ever have to endure.

I feel blessed...and sure I am completely scared right now, but if I have learned anything in this process it's that things will happen the way they are supposed to. We are so excited, and though we are still nervous, John and I want to enjoy every single minute of this. I know my Heavenly Father did not forget me. At times I felt as if he did, but this has reassured me that he keeps his promise and truly desires that John and I have happiness in our life and our marriage together.

RCC will do an ultrasound for us at six and a half weeks and then they will send us on our way. I will miss them, but am glad we are able to "graduate" back to a normal OBGYN :) We will be seeing a new Doctor, different from the one we went to the first time around (too much emotion there) We are excited! He will do an ultrasound at eight weeks. (lucky me! two ultrasounds in a two week period)

Something else pretty awesome...
my due date with my last pregnancy was November 22nd.
my due date with this pregnancy is November 22nd.
Now, how did we manage to do that.... :)

I think this is the day Baby Huston is supposed to come...what do you think?!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the both of you Randi! I have been checking your blog just waiting to see any updates! Glad that you have had success. You will be the best mama!

    ReplyDelete