.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Boxes...I need boxes!

We're moving! It's a bittersweet thing for me...you see when John and I returned from our honeymoon almost exactly four years ago, we moved into this place. This was the place we were going to make our home. I couldn't wait to paint, to decorate, to really make this place ours. Little did we know we were about to get ourselves into a remodeling mess...to say the least. 

We remobeled the entire place...it made our marriage stronger because anyone that can remodel together will surely stay together :) Lots of sweat and tears have gone into our house to make it our home.

We have a ton of memories here.... it was our first home, we have met great people, we brought charlie here and made this his home (he loved that we added a dog door), and we became a family of three. It's been an adventure that's for sure! But we are ready. Ready to move onto the next adventure. 

I am excited for a new home...we decided building was the best option and since the economy has been bouncing back in Utah, the housing market has really taken off. There wasn't much existing properties to choose from.  Thats when we decided building was best.

When we first got married and bought our current home, we thought it would be nice to keep a long enough distance from our parents, but a short enough one to go visit when we wanted. As we have started our family it has become much more important to be close to our parents. I am so excited to only live about 3 minutes from my parents and 20 minutes from John's parents. We know our family will continue to grow and that's why its important for us to be close to them. 

We have to be out in two weeks and man is it coming quick. There is so much packing to do. There is so much organizing! Since our home sold so quickly we will be moving into my parents until our home is finished being built. This means we basically have to decide what we can live without for the next three months...talk about stressful!

We are so excited for this new adventure.  I'm sad to leave behind this house we have made our home, but I look forward to making our next place nice and cozy too...after all I won't be moving again until all my kids are grown up and moved out ;)

Here's to boring walls, empty book shelves, and feeling like my life is in shambles for the next two weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment