.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Home Update

Our new home is coming along nicely... in fact they gave us news that it should be done around the beginning of June. We love being so close to drive by everyday and see what progress they have made. There is a negative to being so close though...if we drive by and don't see anyone working on it, it kind of gets frustrating...just a little :) 

They recently did all the framing inside, plumbing, and should be doing electrical this week as well. We did find out today that the construction manager has left the company, so our home was handed off to another construction manager, but the same team of men who have been working on it all along...the builder has informed us that the new guy is great and plans to stay on the same schedule. We are hoping things will continue to go as great as they have been. and I am hoping to not lose my patience :) Remember the goal is to be in our new home by my birthday...they've got two months!

Last week...

This week...

John is mostly looking forward to doing yard work when the house is finished. It's all he thinks about really, and all I think about it decorating! I can't wait to make this place our home and have I mentioned just how excited I am for holidays here?! I'm already trying to decide how I am going to decorate the fireplace for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day...you name it! My head is going to explode with all the ideas I have going on. 

Since we are living so close to our new home until it is finished, we decided we would go ahead and attend our church ward that we will be going to when we move in...I mean we might as well :) We live one minute away from the church! The ward members have been great and there are so many young couples with children. I was relieved when I went to Relief Society on Sunday and the whole back row was mom's with their babies. I felt so at home! I was worried Camden would be loud, but he did great going to all three blocks. I hate to admit that this was the first week we have done all three blocks since he was born...I was literally too scared, now I feel much better! Maybe it's because I know there are others that understand and it won't be too awkward if my child yells out because there were three other babies in there as well. 

Here's to another week of building! 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Makes me want to build again! I think my hubby would kill me! :)

    ReplyDelete