.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 37-38


37 Weeks

 38 Weeks

Today I am 38 Weeks pregnant and definitely ready to have this baby girl! We don't have too much longer...12 days at the most! Everyday I have to tell myself I can do this. My body and my mind are done. I'd be lying if I didn't say I thought she'd be here by now...or I at least hoped she would have come this last weekend :) I had my 37 week appointment last Thursday and found out I did progress a little more and am now dilated to a 3 and am 75% effaced. That's how far I was when I was induced with Camden at 39w4d. So, I guess I was hoping that because I dilated quicker this time that Harper might come sooner...and she still could, but we are fine if she decides to wait until June 8th. I have tried to induce labor by doing a lot of walking and trying a few other things, but honestly I am feeling pretty good for being 38 weeks pregnant, so I am guessing she is going to stay put. I feel very blessed to carry my babies full term and that they are healthy and chunky! I am going to try and focus on that for the next 12 days instead of getting down that she isn't here yet. We are lucky to get her forever, so 12 days won't kills us.

I really have no idea what to expect with two kids, but I do know I am ready to jump in feet first. I know the first little bit will be an adjustment, but I am so excited to see this little girl fit right into our family. I am feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity to have two children. Camden has been such a blessing and I know Harper will be too.

I've been having the typical pregnancy symptoms that you have this late in the game...braxton hicks, cramping, waddling, peeing seven million times at night, exhaustion, hot flashes, etc. I have actually slept better than expected though, so I am taking full advantage of that. My cravings have basically consisted of chocolate or sugar of any kind and pebble ice...we bought a whole bag from Ice Berg and I finished it off all by myself. I finally started to put on weight again at my last appointment. I don't think I have ever wanted to see the numbers go up, but I had not gained weight for about two-three weeks, so when I saw that the scale read 142, I felt much better. I'm right on track to end where I did with Camden. I wear maternity clothes everyday...actually mostly just maxi skirts and dresses. Most of my maternity bottoms are tight on the bottom of my belly because Harper has dropped. Right now it's all about being comfy and it's been really hot here, so the less layers the better. My belly button is completely flat and I still don't have any stretch marks. My baby girl is getting big and if I had to guess how much she will weigh when she is born I'd say 7lbs 13oz. I can't wait to meet her!

My next appointment is this Friday. Doc will strip my membranes and if that doesn't work, then June 8th it is! She is going to be out of town from May 31st- June 7th, so if I do end up going into labor over those dates, I will be giving birth with one of the other doctors in her office. We are looking forward to the day when she is finally here. Everything is ready so we'll take her whenever she decides to come.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I was 38 weeks when they stripped my membranes and Lilly Belle was born a few days later :) Excited for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete