.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Live Without Pretending

Studio 5 here in Utah is doing a segment called "live without pretending". They asked the viewers if they live without pretending online...whether through Facebook, Instagram, blogging, etc.

Here's the picture I posted on their Instagram...


Anyone who tells you there aren't hard days when raising a baby is lying to you :) We've had a few lately...and when i say a few i mean every single night about an hour before bedtime. Hard to admit, but there have been some nights that while i'm feeding Camden after one of his screaming and fussy fits, I just rock him and cry myself. It's hard when your baby is crying and you don't know what's wrong. It can be exhausting and you really test your patience...at least mine. Who knows...maybe I'm the only mom that struggles with that.  

The other night before putting Camden down for the night he cried for 30 minutes straight. He was over tired...which was our fault. We kept him up later than usual. I could tell I was starting to get frustrated as I changed his diaper and got him into his pajamas. While feeding him I opened up an email from a friend. It had video of a little girl just one year old who has cancer. Her family lives here in Sandy. As I watched this video of her journey I got brought back down to reality. It was just what I needed. I looked down at Camden sleeping so peacefully and felt so blessed. Blessed for his health, blessed to be his mom, blessed to comfort him and take care of him even in the rough times...yes I even felt blessed for his screaming and crying! Because after the screams and cries comes the cuddles.

 I know I'm not the perfect mom...I'm learning...learning to have more patience, to believe in myself, and believe I got this. I'm learning to not get down on myself so much...after all heavenly father trusts me with this baby boy...so I owe it to him to be the best I can be. 

Things in life aren't always perfect, but I believe my life is pretty darn close because I've got everything I need...and that's most important :) here's to living without pretending!



No comments:

Post a Comment