.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Weekend Before Christmas...

I love this time of the year...I always have, but this year is a little more special for our family. I bet you can guess why :) I have dreamed about what the holidays would be like with our children for a long time, so to finally have Baby Camden here to celebrate with us, makes this year that much better!

The days leading up to Christmas are always so much fun! We usually have my family Christmas party and if we have procrastinated at all...usually some last minute shopping. This year I am happy to say that even with having a newborn, we managed to get all our Christmas shopping done early. I still love going to the mall though...I am a sucker for mall crowds around Christmas time. am I weird or what?! 

This weekend before Christmas (and Christmas Eve) was full of lots of food, friends, family time, and gift giving. Friday we headed down to Steve and Kayla's place for homemade pizza and a little bit of gift exchanging. Camden was able to finally fit in some of his "real" clothes...that's what I call the non-pajama/lounging clothes. We have so much fun with Steve and Kayla and love hanging out with them. They live downtown right in the middle of all the Christmas Festivities, so you bet we took advantage of going to City Creek, looking at the Christmas lights, and enjoying all the madness of shoppers. 

 

Saturday, we slept in because baby boy slept from 12:30am-6:30am, got up for a feeding and went back to sleep until 9:00am! We were happy :) Later that afternoon we got ready and headed to my parents for our Horton/Ashcroft Annual Christmas Party. My mom and I finished up the last little bit of cooking, while Grandpa held Baby Camden. 

 

We had a delicious ham along with a lot of other goodies, my mom read our annual Christmas story, and then we all exchanged our gifts. I look forward to this night every year. I love spending time with my family. 

Camden got spoiled, as always, with a lot of gifts and a lot of love :) He also received his first Christmas Ornament. He actually got two...a mini snow globe that lights up and a rocking horse.


Our Sunday has been great thus far...we stayed in our comfy's and have been lazy watching Christmas movies. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and our Huston family Christmas party. 

Merry Christmas Everyone! May we all remember the real reason for this season and remember to count all our many blessing. I know I will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment