.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Unexplained...

We went back to RCC today after all our tests to have a follow up appointment with Dr. Hadaska. I was nervous the minute I got up this morning...wondering what our next step would be. I had taken a look at the patient portal where all my test results where listed for my hormone levels, pictures, and blood work were. I couldn't handle not knowing what all the numbers and names meant. It was killing me! And I did not want to go read a bunch of stuff online because that just gets you in trouble. With much patience I made it until 3:00 for our appointment. Dr. Hadaska went over all the tests we have done since this fun journey began after my miscarriage. Everything has come back normal and some things, better then normal! The only out of whack thing was my thyroid hormones, which actually is at a normal level for those women not trying to conceive, but since I am, they would like it to be lower at least while I am trying to have children. So in all reality my thyroid really isn't what's causing our infertility. So what is?.... NO CLUE! We got diagnosed with something 15% of couples deal with when trying to conceive...UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY. Believe me people, this is a blessing and in a sense it bothers me. What is causing us to not be able to conceive? What isn't it happening for us? It happened once, so why is it not happening again? So many questions...and no answers. But even though I have absolutely no answers to all these questions, I do have a a reassurance that the lord will provide us with children...in his time.

So our next step...in a month I will be on clomid again and doing another IUI. This will be my fourth time undergoing this procedure. They do it a little different at RCC and have a better success rate then most places. If this one is unsuccessful, we will try our fifth and last IUI . We are hopeful one of these will work and if not in-vitro will be our final option.

*Update on my thyroid problem*...I should have been taking this medication a LONG time ago. I have only been taking it for two weeks and maybe it's just in my head, but I already feel a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. Heavenly Father knows the wants and desires that you and John have to be parents. He loves you so much!!!! He probably is trying to find a spirit that is SPECIAL enough....All my love!!!! I cant wait to be a grandma again...But for now Chuckins will have to have all my sugars.

    ReplyDelete